Keeping Your Resolution to Reduce (Your Stash)
For our evening program, Vickie Rooks and Dawn DeLong presented the joys of scrap quilting. Vickie shared the stash-organizing techniques that she learned from Joan Ford’s Scrap Therapy. Joan has two books out: Cut The Scraps and Scraps Plus One. She has 7 steps to get your stash organized, and Vickie shared three of them with us:
- Get Started
- Cut scraps into 5″, 3 1/2″, or 2″ squares
- Sort your squares any way you wish, ie: by color, value, or style
Dawn was inspired to organize her stash by the “Paralyzed by the Stash” post found on Bonnie Hunter’s website. Dawn organizes her stash in a great way:
- 5 1/2 yards or more get folded on a cardboard bolt
- 1-5 yards gets folded to a width of 6″ and stacked
- 1/4 to less than 1 yard get folded as you would a fat quarter and stored with other fat quarters.
- Anything less than 1/4 yard (a scrap) gets cut.