Supporting Quilters Through Education, Inspiration and Fellowship
Primary Navigation Menu
YOU CAN CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ZOOM IN
I wanted circles and just started cutting them using my stash. I didn’t know what the quilt would look like, so it designed itself and I love it. It is about 100 inches square and the small squares are each 5.5 inches. I used an old CD and a glass as my templates for the circles. Fun fun! Thanks, Teresa, for your long arm magic.
Started this several years ago. It was finally time to finish it. This is based on a photo I took of the B & B we stayed in on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland.
“Lot of Dots”. Created because wanted a handwork project…appliqué dots. Ended up with a rainbow of colors using scraps. Borders were purchased to finish the project. Machine quilted on my domestic machine and hand directed the design in the 204 grey blocks. Used rulers for borders.
“Primitive Peels” designed by Nancy Moore Primitive Quilts and Projects Magazine Fall 2015 “Tom Miner Quilts & Folk Art” blog Quilted by Teresa Koster
The first two finished blocks from my “Halloween in Baltimore” quilt. 16″ square. “Ghosts and Moths” and “Candlesticks and Chinese Lanterns”
I wanted to do another whole cloth quilt. So I chose A Karlee Porter graffiti quilting pattern. The quilt size is 88 x 88.
Pattern for both quilts is Jaybird’s Park Bench. The quilt on the left was finished 5 (or so) years ago from a kit that I bought at Orange Quilt Bee in So Calif. The kit used Carolyn Friedlander’s 2nd line of fabric called Botanics. The quilt on the right is a recent finish and emulates the Friedlander quilt but uses all Kona cottons instead (I was new to Kona when I started it several years ago). The quilt on the left is the quilt that I learned to quilt on, i.e. the one where I really “stepped up my game”. It was done partially on my Janome and is the quilt that prompted me to buy my Sweet Sixteen.
These two very large, very traditional quilts were part of a 2015 block exchange with a guild in Maryland. I had enough Churn Dash blocks for 2 quilts with fairly different settings that I “came up with” by looking for ideas on the internet and by using tools in EQ8. The left quilt was a very recent finish and was quilted by Nancy Stovall of Just Quilting in Portland, OR. The right quilt was finished 2 to 3 years ago and was quilted by Susan McAllister of The Sewing Escape.
One quilt: front hand dyed Ombré. Close up of domestic quilting. Back is panel reminding me of George in earlier fly-fishing days.