Supporting Quilters Through Education, Inspiration and Fellowship
Primary Navigation Menu
YOU CAN CLICK ON ANY IMAGE TO ZOOM IN
My daughter lives in Walnut Creek, California and when I saw this fabric named “Walnut Creek” I knew I had to make a quilt for her. The interior pattern is called “Scrappy Patches” and the quilt is 67” by 79”. I enjoyed working with the printed diamond pattern in the borders. I machine quilted the quilt. I included a picture of Bonnie wrapped up in the quilt next to my grandson Nico.
On one of my Facebook groups I belong to, a member was offering a free online class on a whole cloth quilt. All computerized. It was on my bucket list. So I jumped on it. Snagged all the patterns and then I started the process. I love how it turned out.
Fall quilt college taught me this technique of using my scraps. I added the circular cutout to the block. Quilted it with ruler work which I am just learning. So thankful I attended that guild meeting!!!
The oldest in my dad’s family was my Aunt Lois. She was an exquisite hand crafter. When she was in her eighties, she gifted me a quilt that she had made years earlier. It was torn in places by her wheelchair, the batting had disappeared and many seams were ripped. But it contained 49 intricately embroidered floral wreaths. I decided to cut them apart making smaller quilts to give to the families of her siblings.
“Tea Time on High Street” was made from a Jelly Roll (2-1/2″ strips). The strips are sewn into a tube and then cut into triangles which open up to form blocks measuring 7″ square. Despite those blocks having bias edges, it was a fun quilt to make. Pattern is “Tea Time in Bali” (free!) by Larene Smith.
‘Amish Visited’ was my sister-in-laws idea. It began as a Connecting Threads quilt to which I added sashing and corner stones. It’s 54×72. I hand quilted it with rust colored thread while watching TV all winter. Enjoyed the hand quilting!
‘Spring Erupts’, 63×79, began as a Connecting Threads kit but then there was a major cutting error! I liked the Windham fabrics and secondary designs. I quilted it with variegated threads and a simple three pedal flower and leaves. Used 16 bobbins.